Upon landing in Milano, Ivan didn't pause before bringing me to eat nutella, marscapone crepes... only about the most decadent dessert on earth
and got to eat a traditional cannoli with pistachio shavings
and of course proper traditional Milanese food...
interestingly enough, there was a lot of polenta involved... which was great as I've not had polenta since the US
the next day, I got lost in a local market before ivan and I jumped on a train to Roma
Truly the land of Hercules, Ivan made me walk the cobbled streets of Roma in 2 days and we managed to cover most of the sights. Going to the Vatican 3 times too!
no trip to Rome would be complete without a look to the food I got to eat. and it was just simple great food that my local friends Giu and Alberto both recommended which was great including Rome's best gelato... which basically means the worlds best gelato really
after a whirlwind Roma, it was time to head back to Milan..
besides amazing food, Milano was rather boring. I feel in love with the food halls, bvlgari hotel and the gorgeous Duomo
after a day in Milan, Ivan n I decided to visit the outlets on the way to the Italian Riveria. in order to save money, we rented a manual car... yes me driving a manual. besides the major anxiety the day before, I only stalled 5 times? haha
we didn't quite make it to Portofino but stayed in Genova instead, home of Ivan's roommate.
i'll end Italy with a shot of marocchino
and got to eat a traditional cannoli with pistachio shavings
and of course proper traditional Milanese food...
interestingly enough, there was a lot of polenta involved... which was great as I've not had polenta since the US
the next day, I got lost in a local market before ivan and I jumped on a train to Roma
Truly the land of Hercules, Ivan made me walk the cobbled streets of Roma in 2 days and we managed to cover most of the sights. Going to the Vatican 3 times too!
no trip to Rome would be complete without a look to the food I got to eat. and it was just simple great food that my local friends Giu and Alberto both recommended which was great including Rome's best gelato... which basically means the worlds best gelato really
after a whirlwind Roma, it was time to head back to Milan..
besides amazing food, Milano was rather boring. I feel in love with the food halls, bvlgari hotel and the gorgeous Duomo
after a day in Milan, Ivan n I decided to visit the outlets on the way to the Italian Riveria. in order to save money, we rented a manual car... yes me driving a manual. besides the major anxiety the day before, I only stalled 5 times? haha
we didn't quite make it to Portofino but stayed in Genova instead, home of Ivan's roommate.
i'll end Italy with a shot of marocchino
best thing Italy has not exported yet :(