the lead up to Christmas has brought about an array of friends coming into sg... so time here has been busy busy hanging out with them.
first was Denny then it was my old babysitter, ce pat
we checked out the black swan's grand opening with Inga, her bestie
it was great having her here and I do dearly miss her
this year for thanksgiving, ce pat was really sweet to make time to come join us at home as we squshed and ate and drank the night away.
ivan was really smart this year and arranged things differently with food served on the side so it provided him with a carving station
this year's 8.3kg turkey was named Fred and I think for future, I'll stick to turkeys around 8kg and slightly less.
this year, I outsourced desserts to gina and Jeanette - they made choux, tofu cheesecake and banoffee pie
at the end of the night, ivan organized a round of white elephant which was hilarious, given what was being opened
I got timing a lot better this year, onward and upwards I say :) with things improving year by year, hopefully by the 4th next year, all I need to figure out is where to fit the people! I need to remember to keep to 2 proteins, 1 carb, 1 soup, 2 veg, stuffing & desserts formula
first was Denny then it was my old babysitter, ce pat
we checked out the black swan's grand opening with Inga, her bestie
it was great having her here and I do dearly miss her
this year for thanksgiving, ce pat was really sweet to make time to come join us at home as we squshed and ate and drank the night away.
ivan was really smart this year and arranged things differently with food served on the side so it provided him with a carving station
this year's 8.3kg turkey was named Fred and I think for future, I'll stick to turkeys around 8kg and slightly less.
menu consisted of:
roasted cauliflower & leek soup
bruschetta
laksa & thai basil pesto dip
garlic & chilli pesto dip
turkey
Roast Beef (scotch cut, 2.8kg, hand carried from Aus which made it so worth-it)
Stuffing
corn on cob
roasted veg
what was supposed to be pasta stuffed with squash and spinach became a dish of just squash and spinach in tomato sauce due to the pasta not coming out
mash
this year, I outsourced desserts to gina and Jeanette - they made choux, tofu cheesecake and banoffee pie
at the end of the night, ivan organized a round of white elephant which was hilarious, given what was being opened
I got timing a lot better this year, onward and upwards I say :) with things improving year by year, hopefully by the 4th next year, all I need to figure out is where to fit the people! I need to remember to keep to 2 proteins, 1 carb, 1 soup, 2 veg, stuffing & desserts formula













